Welcome to SUAVE 101! In this course you will learn how to build a quadrotor (the option to build a fixed wing will be available winter and spring), identify all the components in a drone, and learn the ArduPilot flight stack. You achieve success and everlasting glory once you autonomously complete our waypoint course! At the end of the course everyone gets to autonomously fly our waypoint “racetrack”!
- Kickoff: Saturday, October 7th 12PM
- Durand 353 for building, Lake Lagunita “Beach” and BBQ pit area for flying
Contacting and Coordination:
- IMPORTANT: Sign up for the SUAVE Announce Mailing list (low volume)
- Email your mentors!
- Kickoff Slides
- Course Syllabus
- SUAVE Quadrotor Guide (Start Here!)
- PID Parameter Update File: Here!
- Software: Mission Planner Download (Windows Only)
- Pilot Training Guide from DJI
- ArduPilot Wiki
Completing the Course:
Autonomously fly your own set of waypoints, and fill out the request to graduate form!
Once you’ve flown autonomously, Apply to Graduate here!